As the 2017-18 basketball season approaches, I want to share some quick insights from my past experiences into some important things to think about for the upcoming season. While there are a lot of different things to focus on from an xs and os standpoint, there are many other factors that play a huge role when working towards building a championship team. Below are some questions you should be asking yourself on a daily basis.
- Personnel (does your team's personnel fit the style of play you anticipated playing this season?)
- Roles (are your players and staff clearly aware of what their roles are expected to be this season?)
- Goals (everyone wants to win a championship, what realistic goals does your staff and team have?)
- Preparation (How prepared are you, your staff and team for this upcoming season?)
- Chemistry (How well does you and your staff click? Is everyone on the same page towards achieving team goals? If the chemistry is not good, it affects the players.)